A Blogiversary

One year.  It's hard for me to believe that one year ago today, after a particularly ridiculous bus ride, I started this grand endeavor.  I thought about doing this for a very long time, and sitting here today, I'm not sure why I waited so long to start.  But I did, so let's not dwell on that.  Instead, let's think for a moment about what's transpired here in the last year.  I've bared my soul (or my ass, as it were) and shared my husband with you.  You've gotten to know my vivid imagination and my quirks. Together we've survived a blizzard, putting my house on the market, and the Metro.  It's been quite a ride.  And maybe it didn't change the world, but it did change my world.

Thank you (p.m.)
Photo by Marcin Wichary via Flickr
And let's face it, anniversaries are pretty important.  They mark the passage of time, and often an accomplishment of some sort.  Of course, I can't hear the word anniversary without being reminded of one time when I was in the fifth grade.  A friend of mine and I were left to our own devices one afternoon at her house and we decided to make prank phone calls (it was either that or practice kissing on the back of our hands, and how long can you really do that for anyway?).  We'd look up in the phonebook (yes, it was that long ago--it was also way before caller ID) the funniest names we could find and then call the person.  And then we'd sing . . . "Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, HAAAAP-PY Anni-ver-sary! Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary. . ." and end by saying, "Happy Anniversary, Tony and Barb!"  There was no Tony and Barb.  Not that it mattered.  The caller on the line always got a kick out of the song.  Nobody ever hung up on us.  Most of them thanked us.  A few even apologized for not being Tony or Barb.  Maybe it's because we were a couple of dumb kids singing into the phone for no good reason, or maybe it was because anniversaries really are special. 

So I'm going to spend this anniversary, this bloggiversary, doing the opposite of what I usually do -- instead of going on for a few more paragraphs, I want to hear from you.  What stories were your favorites?  What do you want to see from WashingTina in the coming year?  How can I make this blog even better?  Tell me . . . because I can't wait to see what happens next!

Comments

  1. Tina, Happy Bloggiversary!!!!! I can't say I have thought too hard about celebrating mine - more a grim "God can I fit it all in another week?" kind of vibe going on with me BUT there is much to celebrate. I don't know how we found each other on Twitter but I'm glad we did! The post I remember the most is the Cher post! And then there was the joint reverence we share for Robert Palmer, may he rest in peace, and the fact that you introduced me to an obscure Robert Palmer song. Something tells me we would enjoy each other's company in person at least as much as we do in cyberland!

    Happy bloggiversary to one of my fave tweeps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! What a lovely comment! It's sentiments like those that make me so glad I started this thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute post! It made me smile. And remember when I used to do make prank calls in 6th grade with my bestie Sarah. But I think ours had something to do with Johns as in porta-John toilets or something. Who knows!!! I missed most of your 1st year of blogging since I'm a new blogger but I've loved what you have to read and how supportive you are of other bloggers, including me, and so I can't wait to see what you do in your 2nd year as a part of this super fun online community. Cheers, T.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Mary Sunshine

A Case of Mistaken Identity

Independence Day