Who Came Up With That?

LS and I were talking last night about the Olympics, and she declared that she hadn't seen any events except the one "where they shoot and ski." The biathlon, or as I prefer to call it, the Sarah Palin Classic, involves cross country skiing and rifle shooting. You could add a helicopter and make it really interesting.

This, of course, got our minds working as we tried to think of two other oddball things that might be paired up for sport. She insisted that she would like to participate in the haircut/beatbox event (to be performed simultaneously). Unbeknownst to me, LS apparently has quite a talent for beatboxing. Go figure. But who would want to watch that? Now a jetskiing/haircut event, that's something I can get behind. Or perhaps rollerskating/cocktail mixing. Or maybe base jumping/yo-yo-ing (all also done simultaneously, because otherwise why watch?).

Just think of it . . . all the obscure pairings imaginable could be Olympic sports. As previously mentioned in this space, we all want a piece of the Olympic pie. My personal event (aside from the ice dancing, of course), would be harness racing/wine tasting. Just imagine it, being pulled along by a stately steed, whilst sipping on a fine pinot noir. That's practically a vacation, yet we could petition the IOC to add it as a new Olympic sport. I would be the first one to sign up (this would be a Summer Olympic event, of course, so as not to conflict with my ice dancing). I can see Reidel, Rothschild, Wine Spectator, and Opus One just waiting to get a piece of this action, don't you? I mean, it's only the classiest event ever to come to the Olympics. So if you need me, I'll be lining up my sponsors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Case of Mistaken Identity

Little Mary Sunshine

Independence Day