On Social Media

I realize I've gone down a rabbit hole with my (sparse, yeah, yeah, ok, sparse) posts this year. It's not the high comedy some have come to expect from this blog (and yes, I use "high comedy" loosely....I'm not so arrogant as to think I'm Steven Colbert or similar).  But sometimes one just feels the need to wax philosophical. Today is one of those days (it seems I increasingly have those days).

I have reached a point where I have little patience for the "I don't get Twitter," "I'm not going to 'do' Facebook," "What do you mean you met your boyfriend ONLINE!?!?" school of thought. I am a deeply entrenched member of Generation X, and so are many of my friends.  My parents are Boomers.  But there is so much that we can learn from the online generation.

I get such great enjoyment from my online life. I am on Facebook, Twitter, and obviously here on this blog. I have reconnected with friends from childhood. I have met friends of friends who share my beliefs. I have connected with people all over the world who enjoy politics, humor, nerdisms, food, and who knows what else. And it makes me happy.

For someone who straddles the world of "real life"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Mary Sunshine

A Case of Mistaken Identity

Independence Day